Dog Information: Fun Facts About Dogs
Here are some interesting and enjoyable facts about dogs. You will surely find many things that you may not know about man’s best friend.
- It is not true that dogs are color blind. They can see the colors, although not as vivid compared to humans.
- The only sweat glands in dogs are found between the pads of their paws.
- Like human babies, Chihuahuas also have soft spots on the skull when they are born, which also closes with age.
- Basenji, a wolfdog native to Africa, is the only known breed of dog that cannot bark.
- A breed of dog called the Lundehune can close its ears and has 6 toes.
- Franklin Roosevelt spent $ 15,000 for a destroyer to pick up his scotch in the Aleutian Islands.
- In Roman times, mastiffs also wear light armor and are sent to follow mounted knights.
- A 1-year-old dog is as physically mature as a 15-year-old human.
- The highest dog population in the world is in the US.
- France followed.
- An average city dog has a longer lifespan compared to a country dog by about 3 years.
- The Taco Bell dog’s name is Gidget.
- Newfoundlands are incredible swimmers due to the fact that their feet are webbed.
- Basset hounds cannot swim.
- The fastest dogs are greyhounds. They can run up to 45 miles / hour.
- Dogs are mentioned in the Bible 14 times.
- There are 3 dogs that survived the sinking of the Titanic: a Pekingese, a Pomeranian, and a Newfoundland.
- The number one favorite breed in the UK, Canada and the US is the Labrador Retriever.
- In the US, approximately 1 million dogs have been named in their owner’s will as the primary beneficiaries.
- Dog nose prints are as unique as human fingerprints and can be used to accurately identify them.
- The most intelligent dogs in the world are believed to be the golden retriever, the poodle, and the border collie.
- The Afghan Hound is believed to be the dumbest.
- Smaller dog breeds mature faster compared to larger breeds.
- Hollywood’s first canine star is Rin Tin Tin.
- … he actually signed 22 of his movie contracts with a fingerprint!
- Dogs have no sense of “time.”
- Compared to humans, a dog’s scent is 100,000 times stronger, probably more.